Taking place the weekend of January 5th - 7th, CWC will play host to the 2nd annual Open Skins Spiel. Games will commence on Friday, January 5th with draws at 5:00pm and 8:00pm. Play continues on Saturday with draws at 8:00am, 11:00am, 2:30pm and 5:30pm. On Sunday the final draws will take place at 9:00am and 12:00pm. The Spiel will run under the traditional Skins Spiel format with each end of every game worth $$. Teams have been divided into (2) divisions.
|Jack Smeltzer||Kevin Keefe||Kathy Hicks||David Sullivan||Shelly Graham||Alex Peasley|
|Trevor Crouse||Scott Archibald||Alexa Washburn||Tom Rubec||Debbie McCann||Declan Johnston|
|Evan MacKnight||Steve Christie||Brenda Stirling||Ken Smith||Connie Nichol||James Larlee|
|Alex Gallant||Jared McGinn||Eleanor Murray||Bill Gaines||Jane McGinn||Anson Green|
|Chris Billings||Judy Ross||John Franklin||Herrick Hansen||Rod Aube||James Grattan|
|Jamie Brannen||Karen Craig-McAdam||Garth Christie||Andy Small||Don Carvell||Chris Jeffrey|
|Andy LePage||Line Saulnier||Curtis Little||Merlin Tracy||Jordan Harris||Andy McCann|
|Rob Gillies||Claudette McAllister||Dave Keys||Curtis Hansen||Dave McCafferty||Peter Case|
|Wayne Tallon||Rene Comeau||Alex Robichaud||Brian Mackin|
|Brent Wishart||Carter Small||Alex Sutherland||Mark Hallett|
|Chuck Kingston||Chris Wagner||Scott Hachey|
|Phil LePage||Alex Kyle||John MacKinnon|
|Friday @ 5:00pm||Grattan/Comeau||Ross/Hicks||MacKin/Sullivan||Tallon/Aube|
|Friday @ 8:00pm||Franklin/Hansen||Robichaud/Smeltzer||Christie/Billings||Graham/Peasley|
|Saturday @ 8:00am||Sullivan/Hansen||Hicks/Graham||Aube/Christie||Comeau/Smeltzer|
|Saturday @ 11:00am||MacKin/Franklin||Ross/Peasley||Grattan/Robichaud||Tallon/Billings|
|Saturday @ 2:30pm||Smeltzer/Christie||Comeau/Aube||Sullivan/Hicks||Hansen/Graham|
|Saturday @ 5:30pm||Robichaud/Billings||Grattan/Tallon||Franklin/Peasley||MacKin/Ross|
|Sunday @ 9:00am||Grattan/Smeltzer||Comeau/Robichaud||MacKin/Hansen||Sullivan/Franklin|
|Sunday @ 12:00pm||Aube/Billings||Tallon/Christie||Ross/Graham||Hicks/Peasley|
Rules for Skins Curling
The Skins format differs from regular curling in that a marker is awarded for each end won, with the value for each end increasing as the game progresses. An end is won if the team with the hammer scores two or more points or the opposing team steals the end with at least one point. If neither of these occur the marker is carried over to the next end and the total value at stake grows. This results in a very exciting offensive style of play where every end is like the final end of the game with teams going all out to win.
- Games will be eight ends with an extra end played if the 8th end is a tie. No additional money will be in the pot for the extra end.
- A coin flip will determine the hammer and stone color. The team winning the coin flip can choose either:
- (a) to throw first or second stone in the first end, or
- (b) the rock color they wish to use
- In a skins game teams play to win the end, not to accumulate a total score. To win an end:
- The team that has the hammer must score at least two points.
- The team without the hammer must steal at least one point.
- To keep track of the end winners, hang a score marker (reverse side of the numbers) beside your color as if you scored 1 point. You didn't actually score one point, however you did win 1 end. After the game you will be paid your winnings based on which end numbers are listed beside your color.
- The hammer:
- If a team wins the end, the hammer goes to the other team in the next end.
- If no team wins the end, the hammer changes teams for the next end.
- The four-rock Free Guard Zone rule applies, as do all other standard curling rules
Each game will be worth $100.00. Ends 1 - 3 will each be worth $8.00, ends 4 - 6 will be worth $12.00 and ends 7 - 8 will be worth $20.00.
At the conclusion of the Spiel, additional payouts will be made to the top 3 money winning teams in each division as follows:
1st Place Team - $100.00
2nd Place Team - $ 60.00
3rd Place Team - $ 40.00